Not your average suburban mom. I’m more your typical, normal, commonplace, everyday, garden-variety suburban mom. With a thesaurus.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance

Scene:  We are watching our upteenth hour of political coverage.  During a commercial break Brian heads to the kitchen for a snack.  I am standing at the couch folding laundry.  At the sound of the segue music that signals the coverage is about to continue, Brian returns to the room to find me dancing (obviously).  He looks at the ground and shakes his head.

Brian: Kel, about 98 percent of the things you do are excellent.  The other 2 percent just shouldn't happen.

Kelly: I know, Babe; I'm just sad that everything in that 2 percent involves me moving my body to music.

Brian:  Yes.

Kelly:  I can't help it.  Rhythm is a dancer.

This is totally what I looked like.  Except I was folding towels.  And my abs are slightly less defined.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. My husband is not a dancer either. The movement is just not with them, I guess.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...