Not your average suburban mom. I’m more your typical, normal, commonplace, everyday, garden-variety suburban mom. With a thesaurus.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

On This Momentous Occasion

Let it go down in history:  October 18, 2012.  This is the first official day in Sublurban Mama history that I am showing up at 5:30 a.m. without any kind of post to edit.  Do you know why?  Because yesterday was beautiful.  Like, 74 degrees beautiful.  Like, sunny with a slight breeze beautiful. Like, winter is scratching at the back door and we've already had a cold spell and pretty soon the days will be short and the nights long and dark but today you can get out your flip flops and wiggle your "I need a fresh pedi" toenails in the air beautiful.  So instead of blogging I went for an outdoor run.  And then I ran some errands in the aforementioned flip flops.  Then I called baby sis while sitting outside and had a heart to heart because it's been waaaaay too long since we talked in real time (because while Facebook is a busy mama's friend, it ends up being a poor substitute for real conversation).

So yeah, yesterday was a much needed dose of vitamin D and clean air.  And while I do feel bad leaving you all, "The heck, Kel?  Is your day in the sun supposed to entertain me somehow?"  I offer this:  a whole website dedicated to bad lip reading.  And because I fully support informed voting choices, here is a recap of the first presidential debate if you were a deaf American who suffers from an inability to accurately lip read:





The presidential debates the way they were meant to be watched.  I'm pretty sure they're more helpful this way anyway.  So watch.  Be responsible; be an informed voter.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...