1. Scene: Entering Lifetime Fitness - Every time I enter the gym I see this sign on the glass in the lobby:
Automatic response: I think, "not these guns." *mentally flexes my biceps*
2. Scene: At least one child every.single.day. whines, "Mo-om! I can't find my ______."
Automatic response: I think, "It's up your butt and around the corner." You can take the girl away from the 80's, but you can't take the 80's from the girl.
|A perm, a boombox, and throwing up peace signs? It's like the 80's puked allllll over this mess.|
I think we can all agree the 80's were good to me.
3. Scene: Hears birds chirping before the sunrise.
Automatic response: I think of breastfeeding. This is mainly because the first time I consistently heard birds ring in the new day it was
(Now *you* will forever associate pre-dawn bird chirping with breastfeeding. I'm like the gift that keeps on giving.)
4. Brian's new favorite video - Jim Rome on Gym Guy:
Scene: I walk in the house upon returning from the gym.
Brian's automatic response: "KELLY! Hurry and get in your protein! YOU DO NOT MAKE YOUR MUSCLES WAIT FOR PROTEIN! GET THAT PROTEIN NOOOOOOOOOW."
(Don't worry - I totally did already in the car on the way home.)
5. Scene: Jason Derulo sings "Talk Respectfully* to Me" (*how this young man should speak to a SAHM mama) while I'm driving the Ford Flex.
Automatic response: My freaking hips take over my body and I become the best dancer in the entire world. There is something truly magical about Jason telling me my "booty don't need explaining" that makes me throw all caution to the wind and let it do it's thang. YOU DO YOU, BOOTY.
(Lest you think I'm exaggerating
See you Monday when I share the extensive report on how I enjoyed the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg I am saving for after my LEG DAY workout Sunday morning. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. (Almost like me, barely able to be on the edge of my seat after Leg Day.) Happy Friday! Happy Easter!
Linking up with Clare at Fitting It All In.