Not your average suburban mom. I’m more your typical, normal, commonplace, everyday, garden-variety suburban mom. With a thesaurus.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Literally

Life goals = achieved.
Confession: I may or may not be guilty of literally misusing the word "literally".  I mean, it's rare that my head literally explodes.  Sometimes I catch myself before I make the Drama Queen mistake and substitute the correct word, like, "I am so hungry I could figuratively eat a horse". (We've all seen what happens when someone miscommunicates about eating horse meat.)(If you are so hungry you could literally eat a horse, a furniture store that also sell meatballs might care so much about meeting your needs that they make it happen.)(It's okay, IKEA, we've all been there.)(Sike.)

So when I say that "chocolate literally goes straight to my booty," I'm probably remembering yesterday when I sat in chocolate. That chocolate literally went straight to my booty.  I walked around in public all.day.long, looking like I'd literally pooped my pants.  Awesome.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. I like the way you explain the things. Keep posting. Thanks.. Furniture Stores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Someone's spamming literally thought this post was about furniture.

      Delete
  2. Literally did not see that coming.

    I'm the worst about this. Carter is always making fun of me. "Really, babe? You literally are starving to death? You literally are freezing to death? You literally can't remember why you married me? What? You literally want to hit me?"

    It's a fun life we lead. The modular furniture commenter seems fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally following the modular furniture's blog now. I've appreciated how specific their comments are.

      And seriously, sometimes you *do* literally want to hit the hubs. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome...loving the comments especially!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! The furniture thing cracked me up. And Katie is always hilarious :)

      Delete
  4. LMAO! Best post EVER! Also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obDJrK9p6mI

    At least you don't say "lit-rally"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I literally felt like a cow about to Moo." - Rachel Zoe. Thank you for that. I literally feel smarter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...