Not your average suburban mom. I’m more your typical, normal, commonplace, everyday, garden-variety suburban mom. With a thesaurus.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Call me Master Mama

We are studying the colonization of the United States in homeschool and I had the most fantastic idea.

New Parenting Philosophy:  The Indentured Servant Method.

The parent pays for all the expenses of a child's travel into this world, and also the resulting maintenance fees and living expenses.  In return, the child, succumbing to debt bondage, trades the years he/she lives in the home for life spent under contract as an indentured servant, which means no talking back when you are sent to gather your laundry.  (In fact, I'm pretty sure it means that you do the laundry.)

This might fix our entitlement problem.  I totally just solved a major societal woe. Look out, Dr. Spock.

1 comment:

  1. That was certainly my mom's philosophy. And not a bad one, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...