Not your average suburban mom. I’m more your typical, normal, commonplace, everyday, garden-variety suburban mom. With a thesaurus.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Case of the Mondays: Three Little Words

With three simple words I have kept the dreaded Mondays at bay.  Those words?

Vacation to Cali.

That's right, y'all.  In a mere 30 odd hours I will be on an airplane westward with Lauren for four days sans children.  I plan to eat my meals without first cutting food for other people.  I plan to run amid palm trees.  There will maybe be some zoo-ing, maybe some kayaking, and certainly lots of gabfest and girly time with my bestie who I see far too infrequently.  I am so excited.  

So I will not be blogging this week.  I will be far too busy laying on the beach (why lie?) laying on the beach.


I will miss you all terribly.

Also, something to think about.  If you live in the southeastern part of Michigan, mark your calendar for August 7th at 7:00 p.m.  Why?  Because it's the night of the most fun 5K in the history of 5K's Where You Dress Up In Old Prom Dresses. (Totally a category.)  It's time for the Red Carpet Run!  Come to the Running Fit in West Bloomfield dressed in your finest red carpet attire.  Prepare to get stalked by the paparazzi, dance to the live band, and collect your finishers champagne in a souvenir flute. You don't have to be a runner to participate.  Go ahead and walk that bad boy.  Or run/walk it.  Or jog.  Heck, feel free to skip the distance.  Just don't skip the whole event.  Because you need to race with me and whoever else I rope into this other amazingly awesome people who love to have fun.  Remember last year?

Rose definitely outdid me in the Awesome Attire Category. Dollar Store blinking tiara?!  Who does that?! Genius.  It's time to up my game.


Have a lovely week.  I'll see you next Monday with (hopefully) lots of tales of Californian adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time!! Take lots of pictures!!

    I've been toying with the idea of the Red Carpet Run, but it's on a night my husband works, and I not only would have to get a sitter, I'd have to get all the way up to West Bloomfield on a Wednesday night! One of these days, maybe...!

    I'll miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckyyyyyyy!!!!!!
    Hope you're having a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...