Not your average suburban mom. I’m more your typical, normal, commonplace, everyday, garden-variety suburban mom. With a thesaurus.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Whisper Sweet Nothings

Brian took this picture of me before a 5k.  True love is = taking a picture like this and keeping it on the
camera so it accidently gets uploaded to the computer and randomly used as a desktop photo. Thank you, honey.

Scene:  I have just gotten out of the shower and am drying off in front of the mirror.  I'm flipping back and forth between being super proud of my shoulders (thank you, swimming) and horrified at my former baby condo.  I am also simultaneously thinking about watching Sixteen Candles and eating Lay's Dill Pickle potato chips.  Brian walks in and I blurt out:

"Honey, I love you so much.  You are such a good dad.  You are a great husband.  I am sooooooo lucky to have you."

Brian assesses me and takes note of my verge-of-tears tone of voice.  He responds,

"I can't wait for you to start your period."

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha, true to that!! I've been feeling much like that lately....amazing what hormones will do to an otherwise perfectly normal girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we become a different species almost. Our poor, poor husbands :)

      Delete
  2. LOL!!!! I think Steve only utters that phrase outloud when he can tell I'm in my millisecond of sanity BEFORE starting...most of the time, he just leaves the room ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - Brian definitely picks his moments.

      Delete
  3. Oh my. Carter just knows. If I'm shame-eating salt and vinegar chips, the time has come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian read this comment and died, "Shame - eating!" He giggled like a girl, and I was all, "Wait, you didn't know that that's a thing?!"

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...