I've been given an award. And I have it on good authority that it is a Major Award. You know, of the leg lamp variety. Katie at Nested has nominated me for the Sunshine Award because she is hilarious and one of my favorite bloggers in the world. (Not because she nominated me but because she just is.)(And she is doing an incredible give away so you should check it out and follow her.)
“The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The receivers of the Sunshine Award are bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere.”
The requirements for this award are to write 7 facts about myself and nominate others for this award. Because I'm so great at following blogging rules (*sarcasm font*), sit back while I make five facts seem like seven.
1. Ever since I accidently high-fived another swimmer underwater I'm the most fun swimmer ever. (Yeah, the most fun ever - you wanna go, Grammar?) One day a guy was swimming towards me in the adjoining pool lane and we both stroked underwater at the same time, resulting in an accidental high-five and it was rad. We both agreed we were pretty much best friends after that happened, and by "best-friends" I mean we laughed and for real high-fived at the end of our workouts. At that moment I realized that just because swimming has the reputation of being a loner sport, it doesn't mean you can't communicate with the swimmers around you. So I spend a fair amount of lap swimming making whale noises to see if anyone can hear me. I also sometimes sing, but whale noises are much easier, because, you know, I'm swimming underwater.
|If there was ever a moment I knew Pinterest would never fail me, it's the moment I discovered this shirt under the section of Humor (thankfully, and not under, you know, Women's Fashions). Pinterest, it's like you know me.|
2. I have super fine body hair. And not like, "Dayum gurl, that some fine body hair," but like, "Wow, your body hair is super blonde and very small in thickness." This really works in my favor because along with being really fine, it also 'fros out like nobodies business. In the right light I look like I have an aura about me, but it's really the light reflecting off my standing at attention arm hair.
|What I really wanted to find was a|
picture of Kid Rock drinking Faygo,
but apparently Kid Rock is mostly
photographed drinking beer. Which
is a bummer for this blog post.
3. I think that my feelings involving 1.the music of Kid Rock and 2. the taste of Faygo pop are going to get me kicked out of Michigan. Both of these are Michigan staples. Now, I love me some Better Made potato chips, I drive a Chrysler, Brian drives a Ford, and I happily add an "s" to the end of every place I am going. (Don't worry if you don't get the pluralization thing. It's actually a possessive thing, mostly. No one in Michigan shops at Meijer, we all shop at Meijers. Or Krogers. I don't get it either.) I'm totally a homegrown girl. But I want to punch Kid Rock in the face every time I hear All Summer Long. Or Picture (Sheryl Crow - blech). I actually like Bawitdaba because I feel personally challenged to scream, "My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid," just as long as he does. I think he's smart and well spoken, and I would probably vote for him if he ran for any type of government position*, but I just don't like his music. I'm also feeling really defensive right now. I also hate Faygo pop especially the Red pop and I'm writing this little because them's fighting words in the mitten.
*I heard an interview with Kid Rock on Detroit politics and it was so spot on. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Kwame Kilpatrick and the Detroit City Council, let me summarize with this: You know how politicians are known for being slimy, corrupt, evil people? Normal politicians describe Detroit politicians this way. Kid Rock fully admits that he is not qualified to serve as mayor of Detroit but did suggest he would run if they created a position for the Czar of Common Sense. Can I get an AMEN?
(3.5 An interesting fact that has nothing to do with me but is for free? This is Kid Rock.
This is the lead singer of my favorite band in the whole world, Bear Rinehart of Needtobreathe.
Sometimes I have to look twice at pictures to determine if it's Bear or Kid Rock.)(Which makes me feel like a slacker fan.)(#firstworldproblems.)
|Hanging in my kitchen -|
Holly Hobbie celebrating
Mother's Day 1974. Boom.
|I'd like chocolate cake please, Mrs. Huxtable.|
5. My birthday is June 19. Along with frequently sharing my birthday with Father's Day (every.dang.year.) I also share a birthday with Paula Abdul. And Macklemore. WHAAAA? Also, Phylicia Rashad, better known as Mrs. Claire Huxtable. I think this year we all (me and my celebrity birthday twins) need to celebrate together. (I mean, you can totally come, too.)(I just didn't want you to feel obligated like you had to come to my birthday party.)(Just follow me on Bloglovin or Google Friend Connect and that will be gift enough for me.) But Paula, Macklemore, and Mrs. Freaking Huxtable - can you imagine that party?
I am nominating (in no particular order)
1. Stephanie @ That Loud Redhead
2. Kate @ Widgeon Nest
3. Angela @ Honey, I Shrunk the Mom
4. Alma @ Can I Borrow That?
5. Sue @ Limefreckle
6. Sue @ Diapers ... or Wine?
7. Jenn @ Fat Chick 2 Fit Chick
Also, since it's FRIDAY! it's also time for a bit of housekeeping. I know most of you follow me on Facebook (which I'm really thankful for, YOU are awesome), but I need more followers on Bloglovin or Google Friend Connect. (Yes, GFC is going to disappear soon, but won't it be nice to add Sublurban Mama to your collection before we all have to move?) So follow me on Bloglovin or GFC - it's totally free and won't take but a second of your time. Plus you get live, up-to-date notifications whenever I post